If you’re a true sales professional, chances are you:
• consider sales a way of life,
• don’t just sell from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but whenever you see an opportunity, whether you’re out getting coffee in the morning, standing in line at the grocery store, or riding in an elevator,
• have made multiple sales simply by striking up conversations in unusual places and spotting opportunities where others see closed doors,
• never stop engaging in strategic account planning and execution,
• routinely work on closing opportunities that have a high business value while simultaneously moving opportunities through or out of your sales funnel,
• regularly replenish your sales funnel with new opportunities,
• regularly add new prospects to your lead database to prepare for future prospecting, and
• spend more time working on sales than anything else.
However, there may be a few other, more definitive ways to determine whether or not you’re a true sales professional.
We’ve come up with the following 10 key indicators:
1. You once used clippings from your summer lawn-mowing gig to make hula skirts, which you later sold door to door.
2. The non-profit organization you started began making profits.
3. You’ve actually sold a bridge in the desert.
4. You don’t clip coupons to save money, but to remind yourself to add certain companies to your prospects list.
5. You dressed up for Halloween as Donald Trump every year for 10 years—with the exception of that one year you dressed up as Oprah.
6. Before you got married, you didn’t ask your fiancée to sign a prenuptial agreement, but you did insist upon signing a joint non-disclosure agreement.
7. You watch TV just for the commercials, and later base sales scripts on the best ad campaigns.
8. Your spouse threw you a surprise party, and you turned around and surprised everyone invited by giving an impromptu presentation on how they, too, could cut a soda can with a knife for only $19.99.
9. You might not have come up with the Internet, but you’re reasonably certain that it was you who first came up with the idea to sell Web-based software.
10. You believe that if the bottled water industry only knew you were available, it could start turning a real profit.
Vendere seeks out sales representatives who don’t just focus on sales from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but at all times. This is one of the reasons Vendere sets a large number of appointments and has some of the best registrant-to-event attendee conversion rates in the B2B lead generation business. It is also a big part of the reason we are able to qualify and score leads accurately, and to deliver lead qualification and scoring data to our clients in a timely fashion.
The Vendere management team is passionate about recruiting, hiring, and developing true sales professionals. If you need true sales professionals on your side now, contact Vendere today. We’ve got the people and processes in place to help you make the most of your company’s internal sales efforts.